Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tea-time treat at Starbucks Auto-City and dinner at 香树下河鲜 Big Tree Restaurant Kulim

The children got a treat at tea-time as they did quite well for mid-year (in our opinion). 弟弟 just got his mid-term exam papers back, comments from teachers are good and he improved on his concentration in class. 姐姐 did well in my opinion too by looking at her marks. There is no position in class for 弟弟's kindy, and 姐姐 didn't have position in class yet. I would say it's not as important as giving good effort, but I would jump if hers slide too far away. We decided to give a little reward for their hard work. Of course I'm easily satisfied as of now and I have to keep reminding myself not to compare :)


The sharks ate it before I can fend them off for a photo
They loved the Chocolate Cookie Crumble Frappucino and this is all that's left of the chocolate caramel cake I ordered. Hm, I still preferred the Java Chip Frappucino, that has more chocolate crunchy bits to it.

姐姐 was telling us "我已经想要吃 Haagen Daz ice-cream 很久了!" when we pass by the outlet. Me tells her, why not you go and win some vouchers and bring us all there :) I am cruel about it since I don't agree with Haagen Daz concept, too fancy for children :P

After tea, we went for dinner with grandparents. We had a unique dining experience in Kulim at Big Tree Restaurant 香树下河鲜. The children enjoyed looking at the fishes in the fish ponds, and there are so many fishes! They were marvelling how the fishes seem to gather around the water pipes. It was hot at the restaurant which has zinc roofs (or some kind of 铁板 type roof), but there's a natural kampung feel to it. That's why we spend quite a lot of time looking at fishes as it is breezier near the fish ponds. Not many people as we were there before 7pm, but by the time we finish eating there are many cars parked outside.

香树下河鲜 Big Tree Restaurant
They even have a Facebook page 香树下 Big Tree Restaurant :) Good thing as I didn't capture any photo of the restaurant 招牌, it was already too dark by the time I saw it. The signature fish dish is fresh and delicious, the veggie is fresh, homemade tofu is good. But the rest like plum chicken and egg is very ordinary. They also had the fried porridge (炒粥), but the children didn't like it. To me it tasted like seafood porridge with 蚝豉 taste, salty and dark colour :) Sorry, don't know how to appreciate this signature dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...