Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The journey begins - Singapore here we come

During school holidays we went to Singapore. The children are very excited as it's their first time on an aeroplane and first overseas trip. Our travel plans are a little off, meaning, children travelling with 爸爸 on Air Asia, while I travel on Silk Air using my going to expire Krisflyer miles. Departing time is about 30 mins apart. Even using miles for my flight ticket, I still have to pay airport tax and fuel surcharge, which costs me $337 roundtrip. On the other hand, their roundtrip flight ticket on Air Asia without check-in luggage is about $300 each too. Only problem is, we might travel budget on short distance, but cannot imagine not having water or food on flight. Oh ya, have to pay for every drop of water that's it.

The experience of travelling with Air Asia and Silk Air is quite different, right from the check-in counter. Air Asia need all passengers having handcarry to weigh their bag at the counter. That's right, even if you don't check-in luggage with only handcarry, you have to get your bag weighed. Remember, travellers can only carry up to 7kg handcarry. After weighing, the Air Asia staff will tag your handcarry bag with an Air Asia tag. I saw a lady even had her handbag tagged. Hahaha...

As we're taking morning flight, we're at the airport early. Air Asia and the other budget airline counters already full to brim with ppl. However my flight must be Silk Air's first flight out at 10am, so their counter is not open yet even after 爸爸 and the children check-in.

Having a snack while waiting for Silk Air counter to open.


Children at the immigration counter


Sitting at their seats and buckled up




Pets also get to go along, they are in the handcarry backpack.




On the aerobridge



They reached Changi Airport Terminal 1.


Taking skytrain, as my Silk Air flight is landing at Terminal 2 Changi Airport.


Travelling separately is a drag, I didn't see them when I came out from the gate. After fiddling with my phone for a while, we finally saw each other. 爸爸 say my flight reach early and luckily I didn't move about otherwise more difficult to find me. Don't even know if my phone has roaming service :)


Children didn't have any food on-board, as 爸爸 say the air hostess whizz by too quickly and flight is short. If long distance really have to pre-order food online, otherwise everything snapped up by the time the hostess reach your seat, then have to go hungry for n hours until reach destination?? I feel guilty having my warm coffee (not hot ya, the creamer hardly able to melt) and warm chicken pie on-board of my Silk Air flight :P

We have a quick brunch at Toastbox after clearing customs. Quite nice and affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...