Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, November 4, 2011

弟弟's field trip to Penang Butterfly Farm and Batik Factory

We have a super excited boy this week, as it's his field trip to Penang Butterfly Farm and Batik Factory. It's 弟弟's first trip without 姐姐 looking out for him. He promised to be good, not be itchy hands and follow teacher's instructions. He did ask me what if he is lost and didn't come back, which I replied him he'd have a very sad daddy, mommy and sister who will miss him very much. So he is to follow teacher closely. He is more mature this year and he even know what to bring and what to wear for the field trip by listening to teacher's instruction in class. He kept on reminding us to send him to school early as the bus will go off if he's late. We paid RM50 for the trip this time (Inflation! It was RM30 last year).

When it's 1:30pm I went to pick him up from kindy. To my surprise, there's a whole fleet of cars outside the kindy and I waited like 10 mins but the line didn't even budge. Initially I thought it's because the children are slow in coming out. When I sms 爸爸, he said just received message from Teacher Queenie that the children's bus is stuck in traffic jam along Green Lane (Jalan Masjid Negeri). No wonder! Even I was stuck in traffic jam after sending 姐姐 to school today. Usually Friday will be terribly jammed during school hours from 12pm to 2pm, and Monday is replacement holiday for Hari Raya Haji, so more traffic for the long weekend.

Later the arriving bus moved with difficulty to the kindy as parents' cars are stuck and some impatient fellas use the opposite lane and got stuck with cars from that side. Oohh.... you can only imagine the chaos. I too had to manouver my car several times - reverse, forward, reverse, forward - to allow more room for the bus to go through (hey how was I to know some big bus will use the other lane right, and I'm still inside my lane ok).

Still after quite some time, and none of the cars move. I decided to abandon my car and walk over to the kindy to pry the slow coach out. To my surprise, parents/grandparents are surrounding the front yard, children are queueing for their McDonald's Happy Meal which is included in the field trip. 弟弟 smiled when he saw me. And when I ushered him to go, he said, "Hey, I have no shoes! (It's left on the shoe rack)" and he told me his shoe "opened up". Ok ok, will get it repaired for you, dear. Other parents/grandparents/guardians also abandoned their cars on the road, as when we are back to the car, we are still stuck for like another 5 mins before we can move. Didn't want to cut into the opposite lane in case got even more stuck.

I asked if he's hungry and he said already had chocolate bun in the bus. On the way home, he told me about butterflies everywhere and touching his hands when he put his hand on flowers. He also touched a "gecko" and it's very cute (真的!很cute 的! he said). He saw a black snake too, and centipede. When I asked about the batik factory, he said "the uncle dip a stamp into big pot of wax, and stamp stamp stamp, then he coloured".Very simple only." Ha! As if.

He agreed to pose for a quick photo, good boy!

Too bad we didn't find any toys for the Happy Meal, but 弟弟 still enjoy the nuggets, french fries and cold Milo. Tiring but happy day for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...